WiVi-2020 Consortium is recruiting six (6) PhD students as “Early-Stage Researchers” (ESRs)
16/12/15 Filed in: Fellowships
The WiVi-2020 Consortium is recruiting six (6) PhD students as “Early-Stage Researchers” (ESRs) at (i) The Foundation for Research and Technology –Hellas (FORTH, Greece) (ii) Linköping University (LiU, Sweden), and (iii) CYTA Hellas (CYTA, Greece), on the research areas of flexible spectrum, heterogeneous access, and network virtualization.
In particular the following six topics are to be assigned to the recruited researchers:
- ESR1: Mobile Access and M2M?facilitating performance?oriented indoor network planning (LiU)
- ESR2: Fair Resource utilization under age and value of information constraints in Application-Defined Networking (LiU)
- ESR3: Efficient u! se of spectrum for multi?RAT 5G communications (FORTH)
- ESR4: SDN?based wireless architecture for seamless integration of heterogeneous RATs (FORTH)
- ESR5: Multi?RAT traffic offloading under QoS constraints with optimal resource coordination (CYTA)
- ESR6: Virtualization–based optimization of network core?access for heterogeneous services (CYTA)
Each post has secured funding for 36 Months by the EU under the rules of the MSCA ITN EID Scheme1 and provides a very competitive salary (with fully covered social security fees and additional allowance for family obligations). The recruited researchers are required to:
• follow a PhD program at either LiU or the University of Crete (UoC - Greece)
• spend 50% of their project involvement at CYTA (Greece) or Ericsson (Sweden).
The recruitment must start at the latest by January 2016 by that time students should no longer have any other obligations (e.g. MSc theses, military, etc.)
Details can be found here