2-year Postdoc position at CIQUS (Univ. of Santiago)
26/01/17 Filed in: Fellowships
The CiQUS offers two Postdoctoral positions for 2 years in the following areas: Biological chemistry and New materials, including Nanobiomaterials, Synthetic Methodology, Structural Chemistry and Computational Chemistry.
The CiQUS offers two Postdoctoral positions for 2 years in the following areas: Biological chemistry and New materials, including Nanobiomaterials, Synthetic Methodology, Structural Chemistry and Computational Chemistry. The CiQUS hosts 34 PIs (including 3 ERC grantees), 30 postdocs and over 100 PhD students, who publish around 100 JCR papers/year
, with an average impact factor of 7.0 (2016). Since 2013, they have published over 50 papers in top-ranked journals, with IF>10, and obtained 3.6 million Eur/year from competitive R&D funds (30% international). During 2013-2016 CiQUS researchers have also obtained 10 granted patents (2 licensed) and collaborated in 3 new spin-offs.SUMMARY AND BASIC REQUIREMENTS
- The contract is for a period of 2 years with a gross salary of around 30,000 € per year, according to candidate’s qualification and experience.
- It also includes a travel allowance of 1,100 €/year, medical care coverage and work accident insurance through the Spanish Health Care System, providing access to the Spanish public health care system also for his/her family, pension and unemployment benefits.
- The candidate will join the selected research group (see above "Research Area Openings") to develop an individual project in a stimulating scientific environment, having access to state-of-the-art research facilities and a number of training and career development opportunities.
- We seek outstanding and highly motivated candidates, with initiative, creativity and team-working ability, including working in interdisciplinary research groups.
- Preference will be given to candidates who awarded their PhD after January 1st 2012 and with at least one year of postdoctoral research experience. Candidates who have performed the PhD thesis at the University of Santiago de Compostela are not eligible. Applicants must not have carried out their main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the contract’s starting date.
APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
- A detailed CV (the use of this CV template (link is external) is highly recommended) including personal contact information, education, list of publications and any other relevant information (projects, awards&hellip.
- A motivation letter (max. 2 pages) outlining: (i) research background, work experience and (ii) a brief research proposal.
- In order to prepare the research proposal, candidates must select one of the eligible research topics and contact the prospective group leaders for guidance.
- At least two reference letters, or the names and contact addresses of at least two referees.
Applications must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
stating in the subject POSTDOC-CIQUS.
Closing date for applications: March 12th
, 2017, at 23h59 CET (UCT + 02:00).
Contact information: email@example.com